Your skin is always growing and dying and sluffing off. In fact, there is a good chance you are carrying around a lot of extra dead skin right now. This can make your skin look tired and gloomy. It can also make it hard to properly apply self-tanner.
(We will be talking more about self-tanner next week. If you want that sun-kissed glow, without the skin cancer, come back!)
Exfoliating is one of the keys to rejuvenating your skin. Use the following tips to easily and quickly exfoliate your whole body at home!
Gather Your Supplies
- Exfoliating Gloves
- Pumice Stone
- Exfoliating Cleanser
- Body Lotion
WARNING: Do not exfoliate skin if you are sunburned or have any open cuts or wounds. Seriously, exfoliating your skin when it is damaged, can be painful and cause further damage.
- Jump in the shower. But before you turn on the water, wipe your body down with the exfoliating gloves. This helps loosen dead skin.
- Turn on the water and get wet from head to toe.
- Using the pumice stone, start with your feet, scrubbing in circular motions and paying close attention to your heels where callouses light to form. If your feet are particularly calloused, you may want to soak them in a tub of warm water prior to getting in the shower.
- Apply your exfoliating cleaner to your exfoliating gloves. Using your gloves, rub your body in gentle, circular motions. Start at your toes, working your way all the way up to your neck. Don’t forget about your hands and armpits. If you have someone comfortable with helping you, have them do your back.
- Fully rinse your body. Then, apply body moisturizer, waiting at least 10 minutes before sitting down or getting dressed to allow moisturizer to be fully absorbed.
Looking for more beauty tips? We have you covered.